Brexit and the cost of software
In August we blogged about the possibility of Brexit and how this would affect the IT sector – Brexit is now upon us, so what changes have we seen so far?
The price of software has increased
Dell, Apple and Microsoft have increased the price of their business software; Dell, Apple and HP have increased prices by 10%. From January next year Microsoft’s enterprise software will increase by 13% and most enterprise cloud prices will increase by 22%.
Basically any software coming from the USA (which is most of it) or the EU will see an increase in cost. What does this mean for business owners? The main concern is that the cost of doing business will increase as the cost of IT services and software increases.
Every cloud has a silver lining
If businesses aren’t already using bespoke software this could be the perfect catalyst for outgrown ‘off-the-shelf’ systems to be discarded. Evergreen’s bespoke business software can guide businesses through Brexit and beyond. As a UK based software developer Evergreen’s prices won’t be affected by the pound’s volatility in the coming years.
Evergreen’s bespoke software has the following advantages over mainstream, off-the-shelf software:
- It works the way you do – standard software packages are ‘one size fits all’.
- It contains no unnecessary features – you pay for what you need.
- It integrates with existing software – no licences or add-ons required.
- It’s scalable and designed for anticipated growth and change.
- It’s cost effective – no subscriptions, licences, upgrades or foreign support call centres.
- It’s Brexit proof – the pound’s volatility won’t affect Evergreen’s ability to deliver a first class service.
Brexit will create challenges for UK business; however, software doesn’t need to be one of them. Evergreen can give your business the tools to navigate Brexit and any future changes this will entail. To find out how we can help your business please contact us.
Next Blog: How Evergreen cuts production costs